Derby Update: Who’s Going to Come in 2nd?
New England’s Janet Moore on Love that Copper Penny(seen in photo) is channeling Kentucky Derby winner Rich Strike with a sudden burst to now second place! The New Englander has the $3,000 finish line in sight and is pulling ahead of the pack.
Great Lake Region’s John Furniss on Per Stirrups is neck and neck with Western Region’s Josh Husbands on Timber Jim. Who will make it to the finish line first?
Southern Region’s Miriam Henry on Bees Knees, Heart of America Region’s Jeff Peetz on Heart of America and Rocky Mountain Region’s Stephanie Tuthill are bunched together at the halfway point.
MidAtlantic Region’s Tara Pleat on 50 Shades of Hay is beginning to gain speed. Do not count out this mare raised in upstate New York. She’s got a lot of spunk and is getting her footing as she charges to catch up with the pack.
Southeast Region’s Farhad Aghdami on Sweet Virginia crossed the finish line earlier and is lapping the track in his flashy blue and orange silks, waving to the infield. There’s a week and a half left in Spring Derby, and horses are still jockeying for position on the leader board.
Eight jockeys in the Run for the Cup:
- Southeast Region’s jockey is Farhad Aghdami on Sweet Virginia
- New England’s jockey is Janet Moore on Love that Copper Penny
- Great Lakes Region’s jockey is John Furniss on Per Stirrups
- Western Region’s jockey is
- Southern Region’s jockey is Miriam Henry on Bees Knees
- Heart of America’s jockey is Jeff Peetz on Heart of America
- Rocky Mountain’s jockey is Stephanie Tuthill on Canyon’s Edge
- Mid-Atlantic’s jockey is Tara Pleat on 50 Shades of Hay
Check the Leader Board daily and watch your email for updates every Wednesday until the close on Monday, May 23 at 3:00 PM ET.
Latest ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk Podcasts
Explore the complexities of settling trust & estate disputes, from representing unrepresented parties to recent legal cases.
Legal recommendations for estate planners handling clients with diminishing capacity, including ethical considerations, POAs, trust planning, and more.