Three heartfelt ways to make a difference this #GivingTuesday:
- Donate: Help continue The ACTEC Foundation’s mission by making a tribute gift in honor of someone special, a memorial gift, or support our work in ways that enable you to make the most of your contribution.
- Share with Fellows and other Trust and Estate Professionals and Educators: Start a conversation with friends and colleagues about the Foundation’s support of effective programs, initiatives and research making a difference in the field of trusts and estates. Help spread the word about the importance of our efforts with a post on Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn.
- Learn more: The impact of our work is vast. Voices of The ACTEC Foundation is a video series sharing extraordinary stories about the effect of donor gifts that support important initiatives and help promote scholarship and education in trust, estate and tax law.
Voices of The ACTEC Foundation
- ACTEC Family Estate Planning Guide
- Dennis I. Belcher Young Leaders Program
- Mary Moers Wenig Student Writing Competition
- Wills for the Underserved Program
The ACTEC Foundation allocates funding for programs that provide professional development and scholarships for legal education, educational support, public initiatives, legal publications and a student editorial board for the ACTEC Law Journal at the Maurice A. Deane School of Law at Hofstra University. The Foundation also encourages civic engagement of individual Fellows of ACTEC through programs and activities that serve the general community.
Latest ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk Podcasts
Patagonia Purpose Trusts
The founder of Patagonia clothing transferred $3B of stock to a Purpose Trust. What is a Purpose Trust and how does it meet Patagonia’s corporate objectives?
Tips for Joint Representation of Spouses: Part 2 of 2
Podcast two of joint representation offers four more tips for lawyers and the red flags to watch out for as they ensure both spouses are represented equally.
Tips for Joint Representation of Spouses: Engagement Letters (Pt. 1 of 2)
Four tips practitioners need to keep in mind when providing joint representation to spouses and where to find sample attorney engagement letters.