Spring Fundraiser – Week 1 Friday Update
The 2023 ACTEC Foundation Longest Drive Challenge has begun! Eight golfers, each representing an ACTEC region, are on the links, and as of this afternoon, they have raised over $7,800 to benefit the important work of The ACTEC Foundation!
The golfer with the longest drive this week is:
The Southern Region’s Gray Edmondson!
Gray has hit his ball to the moon and back, raising $2,450 in the past week. Merry Balson of the Rocky Mountain Region is in second place, having raised $2,000, and the Southeast Region’s Kim Stogner is in third place, with $1,250 in donations.
(As of 3:00 PM Eastern Time on April 26)
- Southern Region: Gray Edmondson, State Chair of Mississippi
- Rocky Mountain Region: Merry Balson, State Chair of Colorado
- Southeast Region: Kimberly Stogner, State Chair of North Carolina
- Western Region: Lauren Garner, State Chair of Arizona
- Heart of America Region: Shannon Barks, State Chair of Missouri
- Mid-Atlantic Region: Glenn Fox, State Chair of Downstate New York
- Great Lakes Region: Cam Seybolt, State Chair of Minnesota
- New England Region: Lisa Rico, State Chair of Massachusetts
Every dollar you donate drives your golfer’s ball another foot! Move your region’s golfer into first place next week by donating today!
Put your Favorite Golfer in the Lead!
Check the Leader Board daily and watch your email for updates each Wednesday and in Friday’s Weekly Update. The Challenge will run until Wednesday, May 17, at 5:00 PM ET. The winning golfer will receive the virtual “Golden Driver” and be announced in the May 19th edition of the Weekly Update.
The American College of Trust and Estate Counsel Foundation is a nonprofit focused on providing trust, estate and tax learning for professionals, families and students.
Latest ACTEC Trust and Estate Talk Podcasts
Patagonia Purpose Trusts
The founder of Patagonia clothing transferred $3B of stock to a Purpose Trust. What is a Purpose Trust and how does it meet Patagonia’s corporate objectives?
Tips for Joint Representation of Spouses: Part 2 of 2
Podcast two of joint representation offers four more tips for lawyers and the red flags to watch out for as they ensure both spouses are represented equally.
Tips for Joint Representation of Spouses: Engagement Letters (Pt. 1 of 2)
Four tips practitioners need to keep in mind when providing joint representation to spouses and where to find sample attorney engagement letters.